Monday 5 October 2009

Role model?

Should I be a role model? Influence change through the sheer strength of my personality and exlemplary behaviour? Will others I meet want to be like me? How long do I need contact with another person to bring about this amazing turn around in events?

I have in fact been isolating myself which makes the above even more unlikely! I don't want to talk about 'relationships, wall paper, babies, holidays, t.v. families......' It is all so pointless! Am I the only person in my circle who thinks that the world is sick and time is running out to find a cure? In fact I realised the other day watching Angels and Demons that I am the WORST person to try to bring about any kind of social change because I am so anti-social and such an individual. Individuals never achieve anything much because it needs collective enterprise to pull off the big stuff. At the start of the film (Angels and Demons) they collect 'anti-matter' in a glass tube. Masses of individual scientists each working on their own small part, came together to achieve this feat.......... which then went on to threaten the world of course. It takes team work to achieve on a grand scale and I am a solitaire player. Look, if proof were needed, here I am now talking to myself via cyberspace.

1 comment:

  1. AT THE START OF A LONG JOURNEY IT BEGINS WITH JUST ONE SMALL STEP - JUST AS A PEBBLE MAKES RIPPLES WHEN THROWN IN THE POND THEY WILL DISPERSE, BUT IF YOU CONTINUE TO THROW THEM IN SO WILL YOU MAKE WAVES WHICH CAN HAVE AN IMPACT EVEN IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE END RESULT

    ReplyDelete