Tuesday 29 September 2009

Don't shoot the messenger !

Went to the gym today. Wondered how they would be with me after my third letter on the use of plastic bags. No significant sign of recognition when I handed my card in. All happy and smily, again when I picked it up. I know that I am going to annoy them though. You can't help it. You have a message and it needs to be heard, then heard again, and again before anyone will even begin to start thinking about it, let alone change their behaviour. If the message is one you don't want to hear....... then just shoot the messenger, or ignore them which is the more civilised option.

My letter was probably a little too aggressive and not conciliatory enough. I need to remember that you 'catch more flies with honey than vinegar'. I know that they are 'good' people who want to do the best and should of said that in my letter. I nearly, very nearly, asked a few people in the changing room what their views were on the plastic bag situation. But do I ask them when I am semi-naked, or they are semi-naked? It is a bit taboo, like talking on a tube. I shall set it as a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment